Head of Engineering
We are looking for a talented head of engineering who is a technical team leader to help manage our engineering team through our software development life-cycle. Your mission is to manage our technical engineering team by implementing lean software development best practices and helping Trekksoft teams in becoming efficient at delivering software development projects.
What will you do?
Working alongside our CTO within our engineering team, the candidate will use his/her leadership skills in conjunction with hands on experience to deliver software engineering projects at Trekksoft.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the engineering team and helping to measure career objectives with direct reporting functions
- Requirement gathering of engineering needs from different stakeholders within the company
- Continually improving the overall automated coverage for code and user interface
- Managing the documentation of our software development life cycles and contributing to release notes
- Lead metrics driven engineering approaches, implementing tools and processes such as backlog estimates, burn-up/burn-down and retrospectives
- Reporting on development project progress and delivery metrics
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in German or Russian language would be a distinct advantage
- Proven experience managing teams who are remote or teams spread across multiple locations
- Expert in PHP 7, Docker or Kubernetes, Nginix, Rabbitmq and cloud hosting environments
- Comfortable with getting hands-on to debug and troubleshoot engineering issues while defining requirements
- Expert in MySQL and Mongo databases and how to write well performant queries
- Ability to understand business needs and helping to transfer them with engineering teams into requirements in the form of stories/bug/task that can be understood and estimated
- Proven experience with software development and collaboration tools
- The ideal candidate should know how to explain complex stories backed with data, he/she is a superb storyteller who can seamlessly present final results back to the relevant stakeholders
- Must have existing visa or rights to work in EU or Belarus.
- Working from our office in Barcelona, Spain with occasional travel to other office locations in Interlaken, Switzerland and Minsk, Belarus
Competitive Salary, based on experience.
Grow in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with lots of opportunities to make an impact.
Be part of an international, young and enthusiastic team.
Flexible holiday policy
10 days ‘home country working’ (visit family during holidays and work remotely).
Training support for online certifications on Coursera and Udemy.
A flexible working environment.